Information about English word ACUTE
Definitions of ACUTE
- Brief, quick, short.
- High or shrill.
- Intense, sensitive, sharp.
- With the sides meeting directly to form an acute angle (at an apex or base).
- Of an angle: less than 90 degrees.
- Of a triangle: having all three interior angles measuring less than 90 degrees.
- Of an accent or tone: generally higher than others.
- Of an abnormal condition of recent or sudden onset, in contrast to delayed onset; this sense does not imply severity, unlike the common usage.
- Of a short-lived condition, in contrast to a chronic condition; this sense also does not imply severity.
- After a letter of the alphabet: having an acute accent.
- A person who has the acute form of a disorder, such as schizophrenia.
- An accent or tone higher than others.
- An acute accent (´).
- To give an acute sound to.
- To make acute; to sharpen, to whet.
Number of letters