Information about English word AGATE
Definitions of AGATE
- A semi-pellucid, uncrystallized variety of quartz, presenting various tints in the same specimen, with colors delicately arranged in stripes or bands, or blended in clouds.
- The size of type between pearl and nonpareil, standardized as -point.
- One fourteenth of an inch
- A diminutive person; so called in allusion to the small figures cut in agate for rings and seals.
- A tool used by gold-wire drawers, bookbinders, etc.;—so called from the agate fixed in it for burnishing.
- A marble made from agate.
- A testicle.
- On the way; agoing.
Synonyms for AGATE
Number of letters