Information about English word AGE
Definitions of AGE
- The whole duration of a being, whether animal, plant, or other kind, being alive.
- The number of full years, months, days, hours, etc., that someone, or something, has been alive.
- One of the stages of life.
- The time of life at which some particular power or capacity is understood to become vested.
- A particular period of time in history, as distinguished from others.
- A great period in the history of the Earth.
- A period of one hundred years; a century.
- The people who live during a particular period.
- A generation.
- A long time.
- A unit of geologic time subdividing an epoch into smaller parts.
- The right of the player to the left of the dealer to pass the first round in betting, and then to come in last or stay out; also, the player holding this position; the eldest hand.
- That part of the duration of a being or a thing which is between its beginning and any given time; specifically the size of that part.
- Mature age; especially, the time of life at which one attains full personal rights and capacities.
- An advanced period of life; the latter part of life; the state of being old; eld, seniority.
- To cause to grow old; to impart the characteristics of age to.
- To postpone an action that would extinguish something, as a debt.
- To categorize by age.
- To grow aged; to become old; to show marks of age.
Synonyms for AGE
Number of letters