Information about English word AID
Definitions of AID
- Help; assistance; succor, relief.
- A helper; an assistant.
- Something which helps; a material source of help.
- An historical subsidy granted to the crown by Parliament for an extraordinary purpose, such as a war effort.
- An exchequer loan.
- A pecuniary tribute paid by a vassal to his feudal lord on special occasions.
- An aide-de-camp, so called by abbreviation.
- To provide support to; to further the progress of; to help; to assist.
- To climb with the use of aids such as pitons.
Synonyms for AID
Number of letters