Information about English word ATOM
Definitions of ATOM
- The smallest possible amount of matter which still retains its identity as a chemical element, now known to consist of a nucleus surrounded by electrons.
- A hypothetical particle posited by Greek philosophers as an ultimate and indivisible component of matter.
- The smallest, indivisible constituent part or unit of something.
- In logical atomism, a fundamental fact that cannot be further broken down.
- The smallest medieval unit of time, equal to fifteen ninety-fourths of a second.
- A mote of dust in a sunbeam.
- A very small amount; a whit.
- An individual number or symbol, as opposed to a list; a scalar value.
- A non-zero member of a Boolean algebra that is not a union of any other elements. Or, a non-zero member of a Boolean lattice that has only zero below it.
- An element of a set that is not itself a set; an urelement.
- A member of an age group division in hockey for ten- to 11-year-olds.
Synonyms for ATOM
Number of letters