Information about English word BAIT
Definitions of BAIT
- Any substance, especially food, used in catching fish, or other animals, by alluring them to a hook, snare, trap, or net.
- Food containing poison or a harmful additive to kill animals that are pests.
- Anything which allures; something used to lure or entice someone or something into doing something
- A portion of food or drink, as a refreshment taken on a journey; also, a stop for rest and refreshment.
- To attract with bait; to entice.
- To affix bait to a trap or a fishing hook or fishing line.
- To set dogs on (an animal etc.) to bite or worry; to attack with dogs, especially for sport.
- To intentionally annoy, torment, or threaten by constant rebukes or threats; to harass.
- To feed and water (a horse or other animal), especially during a journey.
- (of a horse or other animal) To take food, especially during a journey.
- (of a person) To stop to take a portion of food and drink for refreshment during a journey.
- To flap the wings; to flutter as if to fly; or to hover, as a hawk when she stoops to her prey.
- Obvious; blatant.
- Well-known; famous; renowned.
Synonyms for BAIT
Number of letters