Information about English word BASIS
Definitions of BASIS
- A physical base or foundation.
- A starting point, base or foundation for an argument or hypothesis.
- An underlying condition or circumstance.
- A regular frequency.
- The difference between the cash price a dealer pays to a farmer for his produce and an agreed reference price, which is usually the futures price at which the given crop is trading at a commodity exchange.
- In a vector space, a linearly independent set of vectors spanning the whole vector space.
- Amount paid for an investment, including commissions and other expenses.
- A collection of subsets ("basis elements") of a set, such that this collection covers the set, and for any two basis elements which both contain an element of the set, there is a third basis element contained in the intersection of the first two, which also contains that element.
Synonyms for BASIS
Number of letters