Information about English word BATON
Definitions of BATON
- A staff or truncheon, used for various purposes
- The stick of a conductor in musical performances.
- An object transferred by runners in a relay race.
- A short stout club used primarily by policemen; a truncheon .
- An abatement in coats of arms to denote illegitimacy. (Also spelled batune, baston).
- A riband with the ends cut off, resembling a baton, as shown on a coat of arms.
- A short vertical lightweight post, not set into the ground, used to separate wires in a fence.
- To strike with a baton.
Synonyms for BATON
Number of letters