Information about English word BEAR
Definitions of BEAR
- A large omnivorous mammal, related to the dog and raccoon, having shaggy hair, a very small tail, and flat feet; a member of family Ursidae.
- A rough, unmannerly, uncouth person.
- An investor who sells commodities, securities or futures in anticipation of a fall in prices.
- A state policeman .
- A large, hairy man, especially one who is homosexual.
- A portable punching machine.
- A block covered with coarse matting, used to scour the deck.
- The fifteenth Lenormand card.
- Something difficult or tiresome; a burden or chore.
- To endeavour to depress the price of, or prices in.
- Characterized by declining prices in securities markets or by belief that the prices will fall.
- To carry or convey, literally or figuratively.
- To support, sustain, or endure.
- To support, keep up, or maintain.
- To press or impinge upon.
- To produce, yield, give birth to.
- To be, or head, in a specific direction or azimuth (from somewhere).
- To gain or win.
- A pillowcase; a fabric case or covering as for a pillow.
Synonyms for BEAR
Number of letters