Information about English word BY
Definitions of BY
- Along a path which runs past the speaker.
- In the vicinity, near.
- To or at a place, as a residence or place of business.
- Aside, away.
- Near or next to.
- From one side of something to the other, passing close by; past.
- Not later than (the given time); not later than the end of (the given time interval).
- : Through the action or presence of.
- : Existing through the authorship etc. of.
- : Involving/using the means of.
- Acted on in units of the specified size or measure.
- per; with or in proportion to each.
- : According to.
- (chiefly Yeshivish) At, with, among
- Out of the way, off to one side.
- Subsidiary, incidental.
Synonyms for BY
Number of letters