Information about English word COAST
Definitions of COAST
- The edge of the land where it meets an ocean, sea, gulf, bay, or large lake.
- The side or edge of something.
- A region of land; a district or country.
- A region of the air or heavens.
- To glide along without adding energy; to allow a vehicle to continue moving forward after disengaging the engine or ceasing to apply motive power.
- To sail along a coast.
- To make a minimal effort; to continue to do something in a routine way, without initiative or effort.
- To draw near to; to approach; to keep near, or by the side of.
- To sail by or near; to follow the coastline of.
- To conduct along a coast or river bank.
- To slide downhill; to slide on a sled upon snow or ice.
Number of letters