Information about English word EAST
Definitions of EAST
- One of the four principal compass points, specifically 90°, conventionally directed to the right on maps; the direction of the rising sun at an equinox. Abbreviated as E.
- Situated or lying in or towards the east; eastward.
- wind from the east
- Of or pertaining to the east; eastern.
- From the East; oriental.
- Designating, or situated in, that part of a church which contains the choir or chancel.
- towards the east; eastwards
Synonyms for EAST
Number of letters