Information about English word ON
Definitions of ON
- In the state of being active, functioning or operating.
- Performing according to schedule; taking place.
- Fitted; covering; being worn.
- Of a stated part of something, oriented towards the viewer or other specified direction.
- Acceptable, appropriate.
- Destined, normally in the context of a challenge being accepted; involved, doomed.
- Having reached a base as a runner and being positioned there, awaiting further action from a subsequent batter.
- Within the half of the field on the same side as the batsman's legs; the left side for a right-handed batsman.
- To an operating state.
- So as to cover or be fitted.
- Along, forwards (continuing an action).
- In continuation, at length.
- See also odds-on.
- to switch on
- In the Japanese language, a pronunciation, or reading, of a kanji character that was originally based on the character's pronunciation in Chinese, contrasted with kun.
Synonyms for ON
Number of letters