What is English word ALL?
Definitions of ALL
- Apiece; each.
- The only thing(s).
- Wholly; entirely; completely; totally.
- (anatomy) Initialism of anterolateral ligament.
- (oncology, hematology) Initialism of acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- (chiefly, Southern US, South Midland US, Midland US, Scotland, Northern Ireland, India) Used after who, what, where, how and similar words, either without changing their meaning, or indicating that one expects that they cover more than one element, e.g. that "who all attended" is more than one person. (Some dialects only allow this to follow some words and not others.)
- (degree) So much.
- (obsolete, poetic) Even; just.
- A quotative particle, compare like.
- (with a possessive pronoun) Everything that one is capable of.
- (countable) The totality of one's possessions.
- (obsolete) Although.
- (Pennsylvania, dialect) All gone; dead.