What is English word AND?
Definitions of AND
- As a coordinating conjunction; expressing two elements to be taken together or in addition to each other.
- (heading) Expressing a condition.
- (mathematics, logic) connecting two well-formed formulas to create a well formed formula that requires the new formula to only be true when each of the two are true.
- (music, often informal) In rhythm, the second half of a divided beat.
- (UKdialectal) Breath.
- (UKdialectal) Sea smoke; steam fog.
- (UKdialectal, intransitive) To breathe; whisper; devise; imagine.
- (logic) Alternative form of ∧, the conjunction operator.
- (logic) The binary operator and, only true if both of two inputs is true. In infix notation.
- (logic, transitive) To combine (a value) with another value by means of this operator.
- (aviation) Initialism of airplane nose down.