What is English word IS?
Definitions of IS
- Abbreviation of Islands. (also Is.)
- inflection of be
- (now, colloquial) Used in phrases with existential there when the semantic subject is a third-person plural.
- (rare) Alternative form of i's..
- (Geordie) Alternative spelling of us ("me")..
- Initialism of Islamic State.
- Initialism of Interior Salish.
- Initialism of International Sign.
- (computing) Initialism of information system(s).
- (politics) Initialism of international studies.
- (finance) Initialism of implementation shortfall.
- plural of I.