What is English word PARAMOUNT?
Definitions of PARAMOUNT
- Of the highest importance.
- (often, postpositive) Highest, supreme; also, chief, leading, pre-eminent.
- (obsolete) Of a law, right, etc.: having precedence over or superior to another.
- A chief or superior; (specifically, chiefly, South Africa) an African chief having the highest status in a region; a paramount chief.
- (obsolete) A supreme ruler; an overlord; (specifically, historical) in the feudal system, a landowner who did not derive ownership of the land from anyone else, and who was able to grant fees to others; a lord paramount.
- A city in Los Angeles County, California, US.