What is English word RUBBER?
Definitions of RUBBER
- The game of rubber bridge.
- (uncountable) Pliable material derived from the sap of the rubber tree; a hydrocarbon polymer of isoprene.
- (uncountable, countable) Synthetic materials with the same properties as natural rubber.
- (countable, Australia, India, Brunei, NZ, UK) An eraser.
- (countable, North America, slang) A condom.
- (countable) Someone or something which rubs.
- (historical) The cushion of an electric machine.
- (countable, baseball) The rectangular pad on the pitcher's mound from which the pitcher must pitch.
- (North America, in the plural) Water-resistant shoe covers, galoshes, overshoes.
- (uncountable, slang) Tires, particularly racing tires.
- (slang, dated) A hardship or misfortune.
- (slang, of a draft/check) Not covered by funds on account.
- (sports) In relation to a series of games or matches between two competitors where the overall winner of the series is the competitor which wins a majority of the individual games or matches:
- (sports, North America) A rubber match; a game or match played to break a tie.
- (telephony) To eavesdrop on a telephone call
- (slang) To rubberneck; to observe with unseemly curiosity.