What is English word ZERO?
Definitions of ZERO
- The numeric symbol that represents the cardinal number zero.
- The digit 0 in the decimal, binary, and all other base numbering systems.
- The value of a magnitude corresponding to the cardinal number zero.
- The point on a scale at which numbering or measurement originates.
- The cardinal number occurring before one and that denotes no quantity or amount at all, represented in Arabic numerals as 0.
- A setting of calibrated instruments such as a firearm, corresponding to a zero value.
- To disappear or make something disappear.
- (informal, uncountable) Nothing, or none.
- (mathematics) A value of the independent variables of a function, for which the function is equal to zero.
- (mathematics, algebra) The additive identity element of a monoid or greater algebraic structure, particularly a group or ring.
- (slang) A person of little or no importance.
- (military) A Mitsubishi A6M Zero, a long range fighter aircraft operated by the Japanese Navy Air Service from 1940 to 1945.
- (finance) A security which has a zero coupon (paying no periodic interest).
- (informal) No, not any.
- (meteorology) Of a cloud ceiling, limiting vision to 50 feet (15 meters) or less.
- (meteorology) Of horizontal visibility, limited to 165 feet (50.3 meters) or less.
- (linguistics) Present at an abstract level, but not realized in the surface form.
- (transitive) To set some amount to be zero.