What is English word FAKE?
Definitions of FAKE
- Something which is not genuine, or is presented fraudulently.
- Not real; false, fraudulent
- (of people) Insincere
- (sports) A move meant to deceive an opposing player, used for gaining advantage for example when dribbling an opponent.
- (archaic) A trick; a swindle
- (transitive) To make a counterfeit, to counterfeit, to forge, to falsify.
- (transitive) To make a false display of, to affect, to feign, to simulate.
- (archaic) To cheat; to swindle; to steal; to rob.
- (archaic) To modify fraudulently, so as to make an object appear better or other than it really is
- (music, ambitransitive) To improvise, in jazz.
- (nautical) One of the circles or windings of a cable or hawser, as it lies in a coil; a single turn or coil.
- (nautical) To coil (a rope, line, or hawser), by winding alternately in opposite directions, in layers usually of zigzag or figure of eight form, to prevent twisting when running out.