What is English word AFFECTION?
Definitions of AFFECTION
- The act of affecting or acting upon.
- The state of being affected, especially: a change in, or alteration of, the emotional state of a person or other animal, caused by a subjective affect (a subjective feeling or emotion), which arises in response to a stimulus which may result from either thought or perception.
- An attribute; a quality or property; a condition.
- An emotion; a feeling or natural impulse acting upon and swaying the mind.
- A feeling of love or strong attachment.
- (medicine, archaic) A disease; a morbid symptom; a malady.
- (now, rare) To feel affection for. [from 16th c.]