What is English word HONEY?
Definitions of HONEY
- A spectrum of pale yellow to brownish-yellow colour, like that of most types of (the sweet substance) honey.
- Involving or resembling honey.
- Of a pale yellow to brownish-yellow colour, like most types of honey.
- (uncountable) A viscous, sweet fluid produced from plant nectar by bees. Often used to sweeten tea or to spread on baked goods.
- (countable) A variety of this substance.
- (rare) Nectar.
- (figuratively) Something sweet or desirable.
- A term of affection.
- (countable, informal) A woman, especially an attractive one.
- (transitive) To sweeten; to make agreeable.
- (transitive) To add honey to.
- (intransitive) To be gentle, agreeable, or coaxing; to talk fondly; to use endearments.
- (intransitive) To be or become obsequiously courteous or complimentary; to fawn.
- A surname.